Thursday, January 19, 2012

Conservative visionary

Governor Rick Perry has decided to suspend his GOP presidential bid and endorse former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, calling him a "conservative visionary."
In a news conference in South Carolina this morning, Perry announced his decision. "As I've contemplated the future of this campaign, I have come to the conclusion that there is no viable path forward for me in the 2012 campaign," he stated. "Therefore today I am suspending my campaign and endorsing Newt Gingrich for president of the United States."

Perry has been trailing in all the recent South Carolina polls and finished well back in both the Iowa Caucuses and the New Hampshire primary. He had faced calls to drop out of the race in recent days as polls show him languishing while Gingrich gains steam.

No comments:

 
Free counter and web stats